Fri, 17 February 2012
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 41
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a 9”x13” baking pan with coconut oil.
2. Mix ground flax seed with water and let sit for 3-4 minutes.
3. Pulse pepitas in a food processor a couple of times to break up to the size of sunflower seeds.
4. Add coconut oil, almond butter, honey and vanilla to flax goop and mix well.
5. Add almond flour and baking soda and stir to combine.
6. Add slivered almonds, shredded coconut, pepitas, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and chocolate chips or dried fruit. Stir to combine.
7. Spoon batter into prepared baking pan. Spread out and flatten well with your hand or the back of a spatula.
8. Bake for 22-23 minutes, until golden brown. They will puff up slightly while baking, so immediately after removing from the oven, flatten the bars with the back of a spatula (or something else heat resistant and flat).
9. Let cool completely in pan before cutting into bars (I actually like to refrigerate before cutting). Cut into bars (I usually get 18-20) and wrap individual bars in plastic wrap for easy travel (optional). I prefer to store these in the refrigerator.
Bomb Diggity Bison Chili by Joey Cardillo
o 1 TBS raw certified organic extra virgin coconut oil
o 1 jar of salsa (about a 12 ounce jar will work) or simply make your own. We like
Sauté the onions, celery and garlic on low-medium heat for about 5 min. After
Make sure all ingredients are certified organic and meat is pasture-raised, grassfed organic. This stuff is bomb!