Fri, 1 March 2013
Guests Gina Reig of Simplistic Wholistic and Andrew Weaver of Doughboy To Ironman join us for news, conversation and a great recipe!
Welcome back to the Virtual Porch as co-host Dietitian Cassie and guest-host Kevin Kennedy-Spaien sit back and chat with two new, great guests: nutritionist Gina Rieg and health blogger Andrew Weaver! Topics discussed include Dr. Oz being his wacky self again, the wisdom (or lack thereof) of sugaring your kid's veggies, Cola-induced mortality, a fantastic egg-based recipe and much, much more!
CLICK HERE to donate and keep this show going! THANK YOU for your support!
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 73
- We’re LISTENER-SUPPORTED: DONATE HERE!
- Andrew Weaver's blog, Doughboy To Ironman
- Andrew's Bio
- Gina Reig's web site: SimplisticWholistic
- Gina's bio
- Dr. Oz is up to his old tricks
- How Spraying Vegetables with a "sugar-mist" could help children to eat their greens
- Woman Drank Herself to Death With 2-Gallon-A-Day Coca-Cola Habit
- No change in AHA recommendations on Saturated or Polyunsaturated fat
- Top 11 Biggest Lies of Mainstream Nutrition
- Is your Digestive System Making you sick? (Dr. Mark Hyman)
- Why I Don't Fret About Burning those Extra Holiday Calories (Written by Gina!)
- Bart Simpson, Coca Cola and the American Heart Association (An Article written by Andrew!)
Gina Reig's Creative Curry Clafouti
(As we discussed during the show, it is pronounced "cla-FOO-tie," and it's kind of like a quiche. It keeps well and is super yummy!)
• 6 eggs
• Preheat oven to 400° F.
Direct download: LCC-73-weaver-reig.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 1:00am EDT