Fri, 22 August 2014
Future real food-based registered dietitian Courtney Ferreira and low-carb, high-fat, ketogenic diet enthusiast Peggy Holloway join our hosts Jimmy Moore and Dietitian Cassie today in Episode 123 of "Low-Carb Conversations With Jimmy Moore & Friends!"
We are ALWAYS grateful for the amazing support we get for this podcast because we sincerely enjoy taking a stroll through the health headlines to give you the full she-bang on what is REALLY happening in the world of health. Sometimes it can seem like a lonely island out there supporting real food, low-carb, Paleo, primal living. But that's why we're here to provide comfort and solace that YOU ARE NOT ALONE and we are in this battle to change the future course of how the world looks at food, nutrition, and health. If you'd like to help us keep that mission alive, then CLICK HERE and make your donation to support our efforts here on Fridays to change the world one listener at a time. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
LeBron James on no-carb diet to prepare for upcoming NBA season
In today's episode, our co-hosts Jimmy Moore and Dietitian Cassie are joined by RD-in-training Courtney Ferreira and a ketogenic diet advocate Peggy Holloway whose success story on a low-carb, high-fat diet was one of the featured ones in Jimmy's bestselling new book Keto Clarity. Listen in to hear Jimmy, Cassie, Courtney and Peggy talk about a columnist who completely misrepresents the low-carb, ketogenic diet in a mainstream health article, the video that went viral on the Internet showing a 32-year old man on an operating table with a heart attack with a flashback in his life about how he got there, new statistics from the Centers For Disease Control predicting 40% of Americans will get diabetes, a mostly pro-Paleo article in Runner's World magazine, Dr. Josh Axe's list of "death foods" on The Dr. Oz Show website, and how NBA superstar LeBron James may help put low-carb living on the map to a young generations of fans who desperately need his inspiration to eat better. Now pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and let's talk!
CLICK HERE to support this podcast!
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 123
Courtney's Snackmonster (Grain-Free) Granola
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a large baking sheet with foil (this makes for easier clean up).
2. Mix all dry ingredients (EXCEPT dried fruit) in a large bowl.
3. Melt coconut oil in microwave. Mix in the honey and vanilla and then stir into the dry until everything is moistened.
4. Use a spatula to spread granola evenly on the baking sheet.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Gently stir and flip in sections.
6. Increase temperature to 325 degrees.
7. While oven temp increases sprinkle your dried fruit over the just flipped granola and press down into the granola with a spatula.
8. Return to the oven for about 10 minutes. Keep an eye on it, you don’t want it to darken too much and taste burnt.
9. Once removed from the oven let it cool, this is what will let it get crunchy.
10. Enjoy over full-fat yogurt, cottage cheese, with almond milk, or just by itself!